ATM Safety Tips
We care about making banking convenient for you. We also care about making it safe. So, please keep the following tips in mind each time you use an ATM.
- Use your head. Common sense is your best safety guide. Trust your eyes, ears, and instincts and use ATMs only where you feel safe and comfortable.
- Bring a friend if you use an ATM at night. And, choose an ATM that is well lit and monitored with a surveillance camera.
- Have your card ready. Also, fill out your deposit slip and put your cash and checks in a sealed deposit envelope before you reach the ATM. After a withdrawal, be sure to put away your money, receipt, card, and wallet before leaving the ATM. Wait until you are at home or in secure surrounding to count your cash.
- Memorize your PIN and keep it a secret. Never write it on your card or leave it in your wallet. When entering your PIN, stand between the machine and the person behind you to keep it private. If you feel someone is looking over your shoulder, cancel the transaction and leave immediately.
- Guard your card. If it is lost or stolen-or if any suspicious or unauthorized ATM transactions appear on your monthly statements-notify us as soon as possible.
- Be aware of your surroundings. When you are in a vestibule, close the entry door completely upon entering and exiting-and don't offer entry to strangers. At a drive-up, keep your engine running, lock all your doors, and open only the driver's window. If you're walking to an ATM, stay alert and don't linger at the machine.
Locate our convenient ATMs